Who We Are
The vision of Westminster Chapel is to lead people into loving and life-changing relationships with God and one another. Our mission is to reach a culturally, religiously, and ethnically diverse community with the love and Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our Connecting Values
From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, flows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. (Eph. 4:16)
The Biblical values that bind us and build us:
- We value communicating God’s unchanging Word to our ever-changing world
- We value creating sacred space where we encounter the wonder and mystery of God
- We value cultivating loving relationships as the primary pathway for spiritual transformation
- We value investing in emerging leaders who will influence the world for generations to come
- We value reaching lost people and leading them to faith in Jesus Christ
- We value uniting diverse peoples to glorify God through oneness of spirit and purpose
What We Believe
God spoke creation and mankind into being. He works patiently and deeply, but often in hidden ways, in the mess of our humanity and history. The Bible is not only written about us but to us and in its pages we become insiders to a conversation in which God uses words to form and bless us, to teach and guide us, or to inspire and challenge us. It invites our participation in the work and language of God. His Word is personal address, inviting, commanding, challenging, comforting, directing - not coercing. He gives us the space and freedom to respond and enter the conversation.
Jesus is God revealing himself to us and through His Holy Spirit; God lives in and through us. Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God and faith is how to grow in that relationship. The resurrection of Jesus provides us with eternal life – this life is not the end but the beginning. History is not meaningless but moving towards a glorious climax - Jesus is coming again.
The church is to serve others like Jesus served people.
The Apostle’s Creed
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
The third day He arose again from the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.