December 3, 2017
THE GIFT OF A CREDIBLE WITNESS
The Gift of a Credible Witness
Before Jesus ascended into heaven, He extended this challenge to His followers – “You will be my witnesses…” (Acts 1:8). No ifs, ands, buts, or maybes about it. You will be my witnesses!
A witness (definition): A person who is present at an occurrence, especially one who is able to attest to what actually took place.
In order for our witness to be effective, it needs to be credible. The shepherds help us understand how we can become credible witnesses to Jesus’ presence in our world.
- A credible witness puts himself in a ______________________________________ to hear from God.
- A credible witness trusts the __________________________________________ of God.
III. A credible witness trusts the __________________________________________ from God.
- A credible witness has a personal, life-changing, ________________________________________
- A credible witness has a desire to share the ___________________________________ with others.
- A credible witness demonstrates a life-style of _____________________________________.
Conclusion: What can I give Him…