June 18, 2017
IS THERE LIFE BEFORE DEATH?
AUDIO AND VIDEO COMING SOON
Is There Life Before Death?
(John 10:1-11; Psalm 23)
Introduction: The life that Jesus offers us is described as full or abundant. This life is, above all, a life of contentment in which contentment comes from the confidence that God is equal to every challenge of our lives. The contented life is the life of a sheep who finds himself in the hands of a good shepherd.
Psalm 23 tells us that the sheep is content in reference to five key areas of life.
- The sheep does not lack for rest. (Vs. 2)
- The sheep does not lack for guidance. (Vs. 3)
- III. The sheep does not lack for safety. (Vs. 4)
- The sheep does not lack for daily provision. (Vs. 5)
- The sheep does not lack for a confident future. (Vs. 6)
Conclusion: Our Shepherd became a lamb….”Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)