POSITION: COMMUNITY LIFE COORDINATOR
To be considered for this position, please email to Kjirsten Davies your completed:
- Cover Letter
The Community Life Coordinator oversees key events and gatherings that involve people taking next steps in relationship at Westminster. The Community Life Coordinator works through logistics, hospitality elements, and role assignments to help create consistent, compelling experiences for a variety of participants.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
For Church Services and key Connecting Events, the Community Life Coordinator will…
- Oversee event logistical aspects from start to finish, including planning, purchasing, setup, and tear-down.
- Recruit and coordinate key volunteer teams, such as greeting and hospitality.
- Speak into the overall look and presentation of large gathering spaces.
- Ensure necessary print and electronic materials are available for use.
- Organize ongoing training for volunteers and teams to grow in needed skills.
- Contribute to information systems and workflows related to gatherings.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love people and have a heart to make them feel welcome!
- You are organized.
- You can work collaboratively with many ministries.
It would be awesome if:
- You have experience with events.
- You are enthusiastic about problem solving.
- You are willing to ask questions because you know you don’t always have the answers.
- Demonstrate a commitment and agree to the Statement of Faith of Westminster Chapel
- Commit to attend church regularly at Westminster Chapel
- Ability to work Sundays and Tuesdays, as well as some Saturday and evening events.
- Have a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes.
- Have a working knowledge and be willing to learn various computer programs and online platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.