Learn to do right; seek justice.ISAIAH 1:17
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.
Authentic love for God goes hand-in-hand with doing right towards others, including the vulnerable and the oppressed. We as a church family continue to look for and step into opportunities to stand against injustice in all its forms, and to promote life, reconciliation, and genuine love.
The resources, links, and events gathered on this page represent an entry point into the conversation. Like the apostle Paul, we need to recognize that we have not arrived, but instead “press on to take hold” of the fullness of Jesus’ call on each of our lives (Phil. 3:12). May we courageously live out His love for all nations, tribes, peoples, and languages (Rev. 7:9).
Especially for Parents
- Debbie Irving: Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race
- Austin Channing Brown: I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness
- Scene on Radio Podcast: Seeing White
- ParentCue.org Podcast: Why You Need to Talk About Race With Your Kids
Especially for Kids
- Dorena Williamson: Colorfull
- Karen Katz: The Colors of Us
- Trillia Newbell: God’s Very Good Idea
- Julius Lester: Let’s Talk About Race
- Celano, Collins and Hazard: Something Happened in Our Town: A Child’s Story About Racial Injustice
DEFENDING THE OPPRESSED
“All life has inestimable value: even the weakest and most vulnerable, the sick, the old, the unborn and the poor, are masterpieces of God’s creation, made in his own image, destined to live forever, and deserving of the utmost reverence and respect.”POPE FRANCIS
Life is a precious gift from God, and we seek to celebrate and protect all life, from the youngest to the oldest. In a culture that devalues the weak and the fragile, we stand for the dignity and beauty of every individual God has created.
In this, we partner with outstanding organizations such as CareNet of Puget Sound, and also support community efforts to promote human-life issues.
LIFE OF THE UNBORN DEMONSTRATION RALLY
When: First Sunday of each month, 2:00 – 3:30PM
Where: At the Red Robin corner at NE 24th and 148th Ave NE.
Please join us! We will be wearing masks and will have safe social distancing. Signs are provided.