LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE—GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE
Orphan Sunday – “The Gift of Real Involvement” (Isaiah 1:17)
“Defend the cause of the fatherless.” – Isaiah 1:17
Orphan Sunday is an opportunity for God’s people to celebrate His love and to explore and respond to His heart for the orphan in adoption, foster care, and global orphan ministry. In order to better “Give Where You Live” in this way we must think through and address the following questions…
- Who should be involved? (James 1:27)
- Those who are motivated to FOSTER or ADOPT.
- All of US.
- Why should we be Involved?
- In order to better understand the HEART of God. (Psalm 68:5)
- In order to better understand our SALVATION. (Exodus 22:21-22; Romans 8:15-17)
- In order to better understand and care for our CHURCH FAMILY.
- How should we be involved?
- LISTEN. (Proverbs 18:2; James 1:19)
- Respond with COMPASSION. (Colossians 3:12)
- ADVOCATE. (Deuteronomy 10:18)
- PRAY. (1 Timothy 2:1)
- (James 2:16)
Conclusion: It’s personal.