May 17, 2020
SUBLIME: Ephesians – Week 4 | Ryan Falls
God’s Plan: Ephesians 1:7-12
A Saving Plan
- Redemption through his blood – bought out of sin and brought into new life with Jesus –
- 1 peter 1:18
- 2 Cor. 5:21
- Forgiveness of Sins – released from debt
- Our Plan: religion
A Pointed Plan
- Wisdom and Understanding – Jesus is wisdom as we see it personified in Proverbs 8
- Mystery – once concealed, now revealed
- Sum up again :: Under Christ
“There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, Mine!”
- Our Plan: The wisdom of the world: Things just keep falling apart. We look to saviors that are imperfect. All of our stories end up looking for a person who can deliver, who will deliver. Look at literature. Look at the stories we tell.
A Perfect Plan
- Everything works out in conformity with the purpose of his will
- Good things, bad things, all things? Yes, this is really hard to comprehend how this all works together!
- Are we free or is there a plan: The answer is yes!
- Acts 2:22-23
- Our Plan: Scrambling
- Embracing the model prayer: Your kingdom come, your will be done
- What has redemption looked like in your life of faith?
- How do you tend to gravitate toward religion(making your own way to God) over grace?
- Why is it so important that God is summing up all things under Christ?
- In what ways do you struggle to lean into the wisdom of God’s plan and lean into the wisdom of the world? What does this look like for you?
- Once again, we have to grapple with the plan of God. How do you tend to understand this plan? What are you learning as we discuss it?