May 24, 2020 | Categories: Sublime.
SUBLIME: Ephesians – Week 5 | Ryan Falls
Ephesians 1:11-14: Sealed with the Spirit
Sealed with the Spirit
- Regeneration – being brought to life by the Spirit
- Indwelling presence – the presence of the Spirit in our lives – Colossians 1:27
Security because of the Spirit
- Insecurity abounds
- True security vs. false security
- lock tight security – seal used Matt 27:66
- Sealing connotes protection despite the conditions – John 16:33
- Security does tie to our longing
- “guarantee of our inheritance”
- Inheritance and renewal – Revelation 21:4
- How do you typically think about and relate to the Holy Spirit in your everyday life as a Christian?
- What is the significance of the regenerating work and indwelling presence of the Spirit in our lives as followers of Jesus?
- What does it mean that the Spirit provides us true security?
- Talk about the Spirit as a guarantee of your inheritance? What exactly does that mean?