One of the best ways to stay connected is through online video meetings. If you haven’t given it a try yet, the steps below will help you get started.
If you run into problems please reach out to Mark Pedrin for technical support.
At this time, we recommend the free Zoom conferencing software:
Joining a Zoom Meeting
- When you’re invited to a Zoom meeting (such as our weekly Online Prayer gathering), you should receive a Zoom Meeting Invitation via email from the meeting organizer. It will detail the date and time for the meeting.
- If you haven’t installed the Zoom App: Click the link provided in the email (below the words ‘Join Zoom Meeting’). Next, follow the prompts to download a file, followed by entering an email address and user name.
- If you have installed the Zoom App: Click ‘Join’ in the app panel and enter the 9- or 10-digit meeting ID provided in the email.
Downloading the Zoom App
- If you plan to meet via Zoom regularly or wish to schedule meetings for your group, you’ll want to download and install the Zoom software. Visit the Zoom download page, and go through the steps to create your free account and install the software. Options for PC, Mac and tablets are available.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ZOOM APP
Hosting a Zoom Meeting
- Once you’ve created your free account and installed Zoom software, open the Zoom App and click ‘New Meeting’ or ‘Schedule a Meeting’.
- Schedule a Meeting has options to invite guests via popular calendar software such as Outlook or Google Calendar.
- You can also schedule a “Recurring Meeting” to connect with your group at the same time each week. Great for Grow Groups!
- With a free Zoom account you can have online meetings for up to 100 people for a maximum of 40 minutes.
- This short video walks through the steps of scheduling a meeting: