Spread More Love
1. Hug a family member just because.
2. Draw or write uplifting notes, pictures, sayings in Chalk around your neighborhood.
3. Wave at a stranger.
4. Tell someone you love them. Then tell them WHY you love them.
5. Pass a good book onto a friend.
6. Send a fun text to someone, just because.
7. Give 5 compliments today (all to different people, or all to one!).
9. Feed someone else’s parking meter.
10. Be kind to yourself.
December 6, 2020
It’s the Second Sunday in Advent! In services on Sunday, we will be lighting the Love candle. You can also download the Advent Family Devotional and the 2020 Advent Calendar to connect with your family and your church family online!
In Early Life, we will be taking a look this month at the Birth of Jesus and what a gift He is! Click the link to find more activities and a video lesson.
In Elementary, we begin our Christmas unit this week as we look at the angels telling Mary and Joseph that they were going to have a very important part in the Gospel story. As our lesson reminds us, “the announcement of Jesus’ birth is not the beginning of the gospel; God had been planning for this moment since before the beginning of time. (See Eph. 1:3-10.) Help your children understand that God’s plan has always been to save sinners and bring them back to Himself. Jesus, whose name means “Yahweh saves,” is the culmination of that plan. Through His life, death, and resurrection, Jesus fulfilled God’s plan of redemption.” Now that is Good News! Follow the Elementary Link below for more information about our lesson and activities to do with your children.
Spread More Hope!
1. Hold the door for someone.
2. Buy a stranger their coffee.
3. Collect books and donate them to a school or shelter.
4. Have your kids help you gather and wash some of your old towels and blankets and donate them to a pet shelter.
5. Offer to run errands for your elderly neighbor.
6. Share an encouraging story on social media.
7. Invite a family to do the Advent activities with you.
8. Smile and wave at someone.
9. Leave a generous tip.
10. Call a friend or family member just to see how they are doing.
11. Donate Blood this month: Click here!
12. Print out and color a few Christmas cards and leave them on your neighbor’s doorsteps.
13. Write and send a note to someone who is isolated (see link below).