December 13, 2020
It’s the Third Sunday in Advent! We will be lighting the JOY candle during Sunday Services this week. Click on the links to see more lesson information, videos, songs, and activities you can do with your family.
In Early Life, we are focusing on Jesus and the very first Christmas. He is “God with Us.” What JOY we can experience when we see that God loves each of us so much that He came to BE WITH US! Follow the Early Life link for more!
In Elementary, we continue our Christmas unit this week by celebrating the birth of Jesus. It was fitting that Jesus was born in a manger and that the first people to hear about His arrival were the shepherds in the fields. Shepherds were outcasts from society and by God announcing the birth of Jesus to them first, God was declaring that the Savior was for all types of people everywhere. Help your children develop a heart for all people this Christmas season no matter what language the speak, what they look like, or where they live. Follow the Elementary Link below for more information about our lesson and activities to do with your children.
Spread More Hope!
1. Hold the door for someone.
2. Buy a stranger their coffee.
3. Collect books and donate them to a school or shelter.
4. Have your kids help you gather and wash some of your old towels and blankets and donate them to a pet shelter.
5. Offer to run errands for your elderly neighbor.
6. Share an encouraging story on social media.
7. Invite a family to do the Advent activities with you.
8. Smile and wave at someone.
9. Leave a generous tip.
10. Call a friend or family member just to see how they are doing.
11. Donate Blood this month: Click here!
12. Print out and color a few Christmas cards and leave them on your neighbor’s doorsteps.
13. Write and send a note to someone who is isolated (see link below).